It is not news that so many foreigners are moving to the United States in search of greener pastures. Research has shown that USA is one of the best countries in the world to live and work in and the jobs there comes with some exciting benefits, one of which is the significant salaries you get as you work.
If you are looking forward to getting a job as a trucker in the United States and you are looking for truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship, we advise you stay on this post and carefully go through the process. So to assist you, we have provided you with well detailed information you need before applying for truck driving jobs in the United States especially truck driving jobs with visa sponsorship.
According to research, USA stands as one of the nations of the world with low unemployment rate. With this, you should realize that there are tons of job opportunities in the country.
So, let us go back to our discussions about truck driving positions in the United States. It has been discovered that there are over 20,000 organizations that are hiring truck drivers to work with them, so if you are an experienced trucker, this is a good opportunity for you to apply as you will also be offered a number of magnificent benefits such as medical coverage, paid excursion and many others.
Now without further ado, let us go right into the article proper…
The Visa Sponsorship For Truck Driving Jobs
The visa sponsorship program for truck driving positions is when an employer (truck driving company) in the United States is willing to hire foreign workers thus; they will sponsor these foreign workers’ visas to come to the U.S.
Visa sponsorship offers truck drivers good benefits such as the opportunity to live and work legally in the United States. There are also a number of other benefits you could get aside the salary you earn as a truck driver in the U.S.
The visa sponsorship covers your living, insurance and also wellbeing costs, and can also cover paid vacation.
The visa sponsorship program allows you to work in the U.S. and keep up with your visa status. The program is not at all difficult to apply for and it requires just little administrative work.
To be sponsored by an employer in USA, you will need to have a substantial and permanent employment offer from an employer (Trucking company) in the United States that meets the visa requirements.
How To Find Visa Sponsored Truck Driving Jobs In USA
To find a truck driving Job in the United States with visa sponsorship, there are so many job listing websites where you can search and secure a truck driver job with Visa Sponsorship. Although it may not be quite easy to secure truck driver positions with visa sponsorship in USA, but it is not impossible to get as long as you carefully follow the process and have all the required documents.
You can apply for truck driver visa sponsorship in USA on these job listing sites, and there are so many choices available for you to select from.
Requirements To Apply For Visa Sponsorsed Truck Driving Jobs In USA
For you to qualify for truck driving positions in the United States, you should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should have a valid driver’s permit
- Applicants must have past truck driving experience, Class A or B CDL preferred
- Applicants must have roadway upkeep and traffic light security rehearse
- It is required that applicants have a GED or Secondary School Certificate
- A formal education in arithmetic is needed
- It is necessary that applicants have a great driving record.
- Applicants should be fit for lifting as much as 60 pounds in any weather conditions.
Steps To Apply For Visa Sponsorship Truck Driving Jobs In The USA
If you meet all of the requirements we have outlined, then you are eligible to apply for the truck driver jobs with visa sponsorship in the United States. Now, let us see a few steps you should follow:
- Search for truck driving jobs openings on job listing sites.
- Carefully scroll through and look for truck driving position with visa sponsorship in the United States
- Peruse the set of job requirements of the choices outlined on the job site.
- Carefully carry out examination on the organization.
- Upload your CV and other required reports.
How To Immigrate To USA As A Truck Driver
You can immigrate to the United States as a truck driver through the H-2B visa as the U.S. trucking and transport organizations can now go through the H-2B visa to hire foreign commercial truckers. The program is to aid employers in overcoming the challenges of labour in the country and assisting to fill up the shortage of labour in the country.
First, for you to move to the United States with this visa, you should be from 21 years and above, and you should have a lawful commercial driver’s permit which is called Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Applicants will also need an endorsement to their CDL that proves that they are an experienced expert and can drive that kind of vehicle.
Applicants are required to have evidence that they have no incriminating record.
Since truck drivers fall under unskilled labour, applicants do not necessarily need any significant degree.
Benefits of Working As A Truck Driver In USA
As a truck driver in the United States, there are so many benefits you can enjoy and they include:
- Attractive salaries
- Flexible working conditions
- Paid vacation and sick day off
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- Health savings account
- Retirement saving plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Employment assistance program
What Do Truck Drivers Do In The USA?
People often think that the duty of a truck driver is only to drive long-distance Lorries or heavy duty vehicles, but there are other duties of truck drivers which I will be outlining below.
As a truck driver in the United States, here are some of the duties:
- Truck drivers convey goods and items to the client according to schedule
- They get required signatures, store stamps or meet the requirements to guarantee correct settlement of invoices.
- They are careful to observe the company’s guidelines, rules and regulations
- They maintain the conveyance truck, keeping it flawless and presentable.
- Truck drivers carry out regular safety checks on the vehicle to ensure that there is compliance with the US government and company laws and policies.
- They transport goods to the right areas as instructed
- They are required to perform minor upkeep and fixes to the truck
- They load and offload equipment into trucks for transporting
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I immigrate to USA as a trucker?
Yes. You can go through the H-2B visa because U.S. trucking organizations and companies go through the H-2B visa to hire foreign commercial truck drivers. The visa program is meant to help U.S. employers to fill up labour shortages in the country.
- How much do truck drivers earn in USA?
Truck drivers in the U.S. can earn an average salary up to USD 61,982 per year and around USD30.38 per hour. Very experienced truck drivers could earn as much as USD84,304 each year.
- How can I get a work permit as a truck driver in USA?
You will need a heavy vehicle driving permit and many organizations will also require that you should have a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) which you can get from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Can truckers apply for green card?
Trucking organizations in the United States can willingly decide to bring commercial truck drivers to the country either on temporary or permanent bases. They can choose to sponsor and support the foreign truck drivers for permanent residency in the U.S. which is green card.
- Which states in the US pay truck drivers the most?
The states in the United States that pay truck drivers more includes:
- New York
- District of Columbia
- North Dakota
- Can truck drivers get EB3 visa?
Yes, truck drivers can get EB3 visa as it allows experts, professionals, skilled and unskilled workers to get visa and move to the United States. Since the truck driver job requires less than 2 years of training and education to qualify for the job, applicants can apply for this class of visa.
Now you have seen the requirements and qualifications it takes to apply for truck driver jobs with visa sponsorship in the United States, you can work towards meeting these requirements and after that you can find a job offer from an employer in USA, which is a trucking company or organization. If they are willing to employ you, they will be ready to sponsor your coming to the United States.
As a result of the high demand of truck drivers are in the United States, getting a job offer from an employer in USA won’t be much of a struggle. Just go through job listing site for truck driving job openings in the United States with visa sponsorship.
Don't miss an opportunity, Join for Instant Updates for free.Join Our Facebook Group New Join Our Telegram Channel New